£50.00 Per person
Date: 15th-26th October 2018
Venue: The Kennel Club Building, Kenilworth, Warwickshire, CV8 2LZ
What good is all the data if you don’t have the skills to actually change behaviour and keep dogs safe in their homes.
A decent behaviourist needs the rare ability to assess what’s happening, understand why and to change undesirable, unsafe or unwanted behaviour effectively.
Too often, in these modern science-focused times, we fall into philosophy. Behaviour seminars and courses turn into discussions about ethics, theoretical positions and semantics. We want to give people an opportunity to explore the theory and look at data without getting bogged down by philosophy. More importantly the emphasis of this one off, intense immersion course, is not just about understanding that core theory but also being about to assess a day and put theory into practice.
Ten days gives us ample opportunity to mix and match presentations, demos, round tables and clinics along with 121 practical and business mentoring. Working with real life problem cases you will work in teams and as individuals learning to assess, and perform effective set ups as well as owner training and dog training for all the common behaviour problems.
– talking to clients
– structure of a consult
– pricing and the market
– collecting and analysing owner/vet/kennel histories and using this this to inform consult set up
– assessing separation anxiety, resource guarding, dog-human aggression, dog-dog aggression, stereotypic behaviour, problems with dogs in predation
– practical skills when working with thresholds: health and safety, equipment, equipment handling, setting up to succeed, when to call it, stress, panic and trauma sporting, how much stress is too much stress, options for choice
– set ups, metrics and goals setting – practical applications
– when does it help to train a dog with separation anxiety, resource guarding, dog-human aggression, dog-dog aggression, stereotypic behaviour, problems with dogs in predation
– What and how do you training dogs with separation anxiety, resource guarding, dog-human aggression, dog-dog aggression, stereotypic behaviour, problems with dogs in predation
– how and when to get the owner involved
– goals and metrics: ascertaining how long a case may take
– supporting owners with management, control and live with a challenging dog
Along with all the training and advice specific instruction and help will be given regarding looking through individuals businesses including guidance on your price plans and consult styles to ensure you leave knowing exactly how your new knowledge fits into your current business model.
Handler spaces: £1,995
(Deposit of £500 to reserve your spot)
First Come First Served
Send Payment to
> Account Number: 21248647
> Sort Code: 09-01-27
> Reference: IMMERSION-B
Once paid EMAIL firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm your place.
Note – the remainder of the payment will be due by 31st August 2018.